Wednesday, March 05, 2008

"The Old Plywood Mill", Port Angeles. urban landscape, oil painting

Its been a long haul getting through the last couple weeks. First I had food poisoning then I succumbed to the plague that has been going around. I finally felt well enough to try and paint without throwing up from the smell of turpentine! sheeesh.......

This painting is from one of the sketches I made at the old plywood mill in Port Angeles. I used my pallet knife a lot on this one trying to work in interesting and varied textures with all the white forms. 16x20 oil on stretched canvas $375.00 Sold

9 comments:

Terry said...

Love this! I can totally feel the atmosphere, its like being there. I just want to keep looking, discovering all the nooks and crannies of the place. Really enjoy seeing this one.

Nancy Van Blaricom said...

What a treat to the eyes. So much to look at. I love the texture you were able to achieve. Really, this has to be one of my favorites. (sorry to hear about your not feeling well)

Chris Ousley said...

Way to balance those big shapes! Good work. I like those pencil sketches down there as well.

Cooper Dragonette said...

Wow Robin. So much to look at this in here! Terrific perspective and palette. Makes me want to go find an old mill around Maine someplace. One of my favorites of yours!

Robin Weiss said...

Terry, thanks! Love your drawings!

Robin Weiss said...

Thank you Nancy! Bad news about my illness I coughed and threw up so violently I gave myself a hernia.

Good news is I will have lots of time to paint while recovering.

Robin Weiss said...

Hi Nancy! Thanks! have fun at Karen and Carol's workshop!

Robin Weiss said...

Hey Chris, Thanks for stopping by!

Robin Weiss said...

Thanks Cooper! I love the long format stuff your doing!