Monday, September 01, 2008

"Runner" oil on brown paper

It's back to work!.......seems like a long time since I have been able to get back to painting! I felt like I needed to do some warm ups so I did some some sketching on a large piece of brown paper and then decided to paint on it as well and this is what came out............Since the last post I have been gone for a week serving as a camp counselor at a summer camp for the kids off the Yakima Indian reservation in White Swan , Washington state. Our camp was in the beautiful Cascade mountain range near White Pass. This sketch is my friend Patrick at camp, doing what it seems like we did all weekend........running back and forth between activities at camp!!!! ...and everything was on a hill!!!
I like the sense of motion in this image. SOLD

15 comments:

Nancy Van Blaricom said...

Welcome back. You've captured a great sense of motion here. The colors are great. I really enjoy this one. It looks like you had fun with this one.

Robin Weiss said...

Thank you Nancy! There was no pressure to finish a canvas so I just experimented and had fun.

Anonymous said...

I love, love, love this!!! Stunning as always.

Diane Hoeptner said...

Nice Robin!

Terry said...

LOVE this - your warm-up is Hot!!

Rhonda Hurwitz said...

wonderful as usual!

Anonymous said...

Hey, what a great concept! It's really terrific how you positioned him just outside the frame. It seems to emphasize the forward motion. He ran right outta the picture!

Anonymous said...

Robin, are you selling this piece through a gallery?

Vikki North said...

This is gorgeous Robin. I to love the foot out of the frame to convey his motion. Very clever. I also like the way your brush strokes blur the colors up to his body, again stating motion. It's beautiful.
Vikki

Robin Weiss said...

Thank you , Thank you!!! Amanda, Diane, Terry and Rhonda! I appreciate you stopping by and commenting! I was afraid that I was getting out of touch by my long absences, but you have greatly encouraged me!!.....I plan on going full time into painting, April 1st 09 and look forward to finally becoming a real daily painter.....=]...

Robin Weiss said...

Hi Silvi and Vikki! I wish I could take full credit for painting "outside the box" so to speak ....but actually I drew the figure out of proportion to the rest of the drawing and his foot ended up outside the frame of the picture!! But as I was muttering about it I also realized it was adding to the sense of motion in the painting....A happy mistake!! It happens sometimes.....

Thanks you guys!!

Robin Weiss said...

Anon, amazingly, this piece may have sold already, I will keep you informed if it remains available.

indiaartist said...

You "caught" that motion on the paper. Beautiful!

Dar Presto said...

wow, is this great! Such momentum.

Robin Weiss said...

Thank you Manjiree! Please continue with your figures and paintings of people, I love them!

Hi Dar, thank you!