Monday, February 08, 2010

"Red Wine and Roses" still life oil painting with flowers and wine

My second piece done in Darrell Anderson's oil painting class. Check out Darrell's blog by clicking the link in my blog list. I'm having a great time in class and learning a lot about how colors relate and work off of each other. It's the first time I have heard of the Analogous color wheel. This wheel helps you set up color composition by choosing a main color then using that colors compliment and two discords to add "Pop" to your painting. sold

3 comments:

Kathy said...

I love your painting and the use of color and the soft edges. Great composition, too. Thanks for sharing.

Robin Weiss said...

Hi Kathy, Thank you! Welcome to IPA!

Mama De said...

Wow! I really enjoyed going through your blog and watching your growth as a painter. Not that your first posts weren't lovely--terrific work. Have you heard Patty Griffin's "Downtown Church"? You might like to add it to the mix. Off to paint--De Selby