Friday, March 18, 2011

"A Rose Called Peace" flower oil painting, roses

I finally had to pull this rose from the garden this year.....Although I love them, I don't seem to be able to grow them very well....They always start out great and then sort of turn black and eventually stop producing blossoms. This variety is called "Peace" and it was lovely and fragrant..My problem is mostly the micro climate we are in here.....low and wet.....not good for roses...Oh well....If I can't grow them at least I can paint them!
6x10 oil on panel

4 comments:

Amanda said...

Beautiful painting. I recently bought this exact rose for a friend who had lost a baby.

Robin Weiss said...

Thank you Amanda....It's a beautiful rose with a lovely fragrance.....and a thoughtful remembrance for a grieving mom...reminding her that love , hope and peace remain.

Ann said...

Exquisite color and detail! ...Hard to decide which one in your flower series is my favorite?!

Robin Weiss said...

Thanks Hon,....you're my favorite flower!....=]