Tuesday, October 02, 2012

"The Bloedel Mansion" plein air, oil, landscape painting by Robin Weiss.





"The Bloedel Mansion"  8x12 oil on panel  sold
 The Bloedel Reserve is a 150 acre forest garden on Bainbridge Island created by Prentice and Virginia Bloedel. The Bloedels' French Chateau-style home including many original furnishings, is preserved as a Visitor Center.
 I didn't take the time to look through the mansion. I'll do that the next time I visit .....and I will be back to paint this extraordinary property!

Jane Wallis and I set up for painting the Bloedel Mansion



Jane Wallis was my painting partner in this scene....It was good catching up with her!....Jane was my drawing instructor for one semester at Olympic College back in the 70's!

Check out Jane's work here






2 comments:

Ann said...

Beautiful place and beautiful painting! So glad this area has been preserved.

Lavon said...

This is amazing! Love how you enhanced the oranges.