Monday, February 25, 2013

"Cape Disappointment" plein air , oil , landscape painting by Robin Weiss

"Cape Disappointment" plein air oil painting by Robin Weiss  sold
Lots of events are coming up with The Plein Air Washington Painters this season!  One that I am excited to be a part of is the State Parks Centennial Show. Washington Sate Parks are celebrating their 100th anniversary this year and PAWA is partnering with them by hosting many paint-outs in the parks. In Oct through Dec. there will be a juried show exhibited at American Art Company in Tacoma of the work generated by the group. The entries will consist of a plein air painting and the resulting studio painting done from that study.  I am considering the plein air study above for a larger studio painting.






I am really excited about painting the state parks this year and am getting more and more comfortable getting out and painting in all kinds of weather. I have found out that , with oil paint, if it starts to rain you can just dump the water out of your palette and keep going!






North Head Lighthouse




We took so many good pictures on this trip that I can't possibly post them all....But there will be paintings!





Lewis and Clark Interpretive Center



One of the must-do activities at Cape Disappointment is the Lewis and Clark Interpretive Center. This was especially interesting to me as I had just finished "Undaunted Courage" about the Lewis and Clark expedition.


Happy Valentines Day!



 My wife Ann and I always like to mix business with pleasure...=]  This painting trip was also our Valentines Day get-away!



1 comment:

Lavon said...

Oh my, love the Cape Disappointment Plein Air! I can hardly wait to see the larger studio version. Wish, wish I could see it in person, but I am sure you will have it sold before I can come for a visit! Good wishes for the Centennial Show! Tell Ann, I said hi. Sure hope to meet her one of these days. Love me a redhead! 8)