Wednesday, March 13, 2013

"Point Wilson" Fort Worden State Park oil painting by Robin Weiss

"Point Wilson" 26x32 oil on canvas
I'm saving this painting to enter into Plein Air Washington Painters , State Parks Centennial Show in September.  A juried group exhibition will be hosted by The American Art Company in Tacoma for the PAWA members. Each entry will consist of a plein air painting done on location at one of the Washington Sate Parks (of which there are 117) and the accompanying studio painting done from the plein air study.


Point Wilson plein air study  sold



 I'm really looking forward to seeing the work that will be generated for this major show. It is an honor to be able to join the talented and fun loving Plein Air Washington Painters!





I'll be posting more on this show as the date gets closer....in the mean time I have two featured artist shows coming up associated with Alki Arts who represent my work in Seattle. The first is Thursday March 14th at Alki Arts on Alki Beach in West Seattle for their Second Thursday Artwalk.  I'll be there from 6:00pm till.9:00pm..If you are in the area , stop by and say hi!

The second opportunity to see some of my recent work will be First Thursday in May at the Harbor Steps gallery across from the Seattle Art Museum at the bottom of The Harbor Steps. Come by , have a glass of wine, check out the art and then walk up to the SAM for a reduced rate on the new "Early Masters" exhibit.

3 comments:

Darrell Anderson said...

Two beautiful interpretations. One has commanding presence and the other the vibrancy of immediacy....I like them both. I'll be looking forward to seeing them in September.

Ann said...

This looks like an award-winning painting to me! Love the light!!

Lavon said...

oh, yeah, Robin!!!! Just amazing! I am so ready to be combing that beach for glass right now!!! You did an amazing job with the detail on this one. It is sooo beautiful! The yellows and oranges of the nearby grasses are set off beautifully with the subtle grey/blues of the sands and shadows. OMG...I cannot type....LOL..congrats on this one!!!