Thursday, June 19, 2014

"Just Us" California, coastal, plein air,oil painting by Robin Weiss

"Just Us"  8x10 oil on linen panel   $330


 
 The Portola Hotel is just a walk away from Fisherman's Wharf  in Monterey.  It was one of the planned locations for all of us to paint during the Plein Air Convention.  Since it was a grey day I picked a close cropped composition of this sailboat to paint.  ...Plus I liked the name!!  This friendly sea gull kept me company....but only because of my clam strip snacks...


2 comments:

Lavon said...

I am always amazed by your eyes and color choices. so nice! The bits of lavender that you found here and there and just bring it on out! perfect for an overcast day. keeps the water soft, yet mysterious.

Ann said...

I like the name too...and I love the painting!