Friday, September 05, 2014

"Over and Under" plein air, Seattle , cityscape, oil painting by Robin Weiss

"Over and Under"  12x9 oil on panel  SOLD

More and more I have been enjoying painting on location in the city. Alki Arts, the gallery that represents me in Seattle  encourages me to come over and paint. Usually it's on a First Thursday Art Walk and I can direct folks to the gallery.



Brooke looking at my art

 "Over and Under" is a painting I did recently and sold to a friend and fellow plein air painter, Brooke Borcherding.  She sold one of her large paintings in the gallery and used some of the money to buy my work!!  So cool!  At the time Brooke asked if I would mind that she used the painting as reference for one of her "deconstruction" paintings and I said "sure!"  She finished her interpretation of the painting took it to the gallery and it sold the first day!






Brooke's "deconstruction
Surprise news!  Check out the Sept/Oct edition of Plein Air Magazine to see some of my city paintings!





2 comments:

Ann said...

A win-win-win! This painting is a winner too!

Lavon said...

Ann, I agree. Both wonderful pieces.