Friday, February 20, 2015

"Mt Shuksan Evening Light" plein air landscape painting by Robin Weiss

"Mount Shuksan Evening Light"    8x12 oil on panel     Sold
This painting was done on location in Mount Baker National Park back in 2013. For some reason the work was never posted on my blog.  It has recently sold to a collector and when I went to look for the image to mark it sold ....No where to be found!
 I remember clearly seeing this spectacular view the first time up to Mount Baker with my friends Mark Bistranin and Jim Lamb . We had been painting all day and decided to stop one more time at the lake as the sun was going down and the Mountain began to glow with the light of the "golden hour" . We couldn't resist quickly setting up for another painting in the dying light.  I finished this up in the studio and then never posted it.



 

No comments: