Friday, July 10, 2015

"Mount Baker" plein air, landscape painting by Robin Weiss and news of upcoming shows!

"Mount Baker"  12x10 oil on linen panel    Sold
I painted this view of Mt Baker from Artists Point in 2013 at about the same spot. You can see it HERE.  It's interesting to see the difference in the two paintings!  I think I made a more authentic rendering of the mountain in this painting.... my greys are a bit more sophisticated....but tell me what you think!

I have been working frantically on new cityscapes for an up-coming featured artist show at Alki Arts in  Seattle!  I have twelve new works heading to the city in mid July!  Come to the August, First Thursday Artwalk to see all the paintings before they sell!  Ha!  =]  Unfortunately I will be in Colorado for the Crested Butte plein air competition and won't be able to attend the opening of my own show!... but my lovely wife Ann will be standing in for me. Here is one of the new works,

"Night Falls on Marion Street"  16x20 oil on canvas  Sold







                                                   And here is my lovely wife Ann








Also I will be teaching a three day plein air painting class in association with the Plein Air Washington Artists in August on Whidbey Island.  See all the details by going to my website  robinweissfineart.com and clicking on the workshops tab.



1 comment:

Lavon said...

love the newer mt baker. better grouping I think. lovelovelove the cityscape! you totally rock them!