Tuesday, May 03, 2016

"California Farm Country" oil landscape painting by Robin Weiss

"California Farm Country" 8x8 oil on panel  Sold

What an amazing adventure!  We drove 3700 miles round trip to Tucson AZ for the Plein Air Convention and Expo 2016. In the next several posts I will try and document our road trip down and back again.


packed van
 I added four Louis Lamour books to our packed van then Ann and I hopped in and headed for the ferry that would take us across to Edmonds and on to our first airbnb in Springfield Oregon.  BTW a plug for airbnb, Great service !  I love meeting new people and hotels are so depressing.



Ann enjoying dinner out in Sacramento




After Oregon we headed south through California and made it to Sacramento where we stayed with hosts Melanie and Rick in their cozy basement apartment. We found a Thai place in town and enjoyed some vacation time.


Beautiful California Country





The country between Sacramento and Santa Barbara is stunning!  I got the chance to do my first painting at a rest stop somewhere along the way.  After a nice rest for Ann and a bit of work for me we headed for Santa Barbara where we ran into the first trouble of the trip.....

1 comment:

Gayle said...

OH my! Can't wait for the sequel! Cool trip and awesome painting!