Wednesday, November 02, 2016

"Teton Raven" Grand Teton National Park, studio painting by Robin Weiss

"Teton Raven"   10x12 oil on panel   Sold

There are many reasons why it is important to paint on location but one of them is to be there and feel the wind, smell the rain and as you are gathering reference also gather the feel and spirit of the place in your heart. When you get back it can not help but inform your studio work. I watched this raven for a long time one early morning on Mormon Row in the Grand Tetons before he gracefully dropped off a fence rail and flew past me.

It was a magical morning in a spectacular landscape.I would never have been able to paint the area as well from stock photos even if I wanted to.



While I was there quietly observing, a few other critters showed up .




No comments: