Thursday, March 30, 2017

"The Loxahatchee River" 4th Annual Plein Air Festival, Lighthouse Art Center, oil painting by Robin Weiss

The Loxahatchee River"  12x16    Sold

This is the second painting I did at Riverbend Park during the the 4th Annual Plein Air Festival.  I took this picture on site before I was finished and then never got another before it sold. Tip of the Day: Be sure you get good photos of your work before they hang at the venue when participating in events because they often sell and you never get another chance!






Riverbend Park is awesome! We saw a lot of wildlife . This large turtle was sunning on a palm trunk hanging out over the water...White Egrets were flying through the landscape...Afterwards I wished I'd tried to render them into the painting! That would have added a nice spark....I need to think about a larger studio painting !






On a local note....I am participating in two shows in April:  

Here in Poulsbo I will have 3 paintings featuring water along with 34 other regional artists at our local frame shop and gallery, Artists Edge.  If you are in town please join me April 7th for the opening reception from 5-8pm....I would love to say hi! Get more info HERE


In West Seattle I will be participating in an invitational art show curated by Diane Venti of Alki Arts at Brace Point Pottery. In this show I will have 17 plein air and studio paintings from around Washington State. Join me and other Alki Artists for "Old Home Week" at Brace Point Pottery opening April 9th from 4-8pm.  get more info HERE




Last but by no means least, The Cole Gallery "Aniversary Show" is still happening at The Cole Gallery in Edmonds. Stop by and see some of the best representational artists working today.

No comments: