Monday, April 24, 2017

"Dubois Sunbathers" 14th Annual Plein Air Festival, Lighthouse Art Center, oil painting by Robin Weiss

"Dubois Sunbathers"    9x12 oil         Sold


I was working very hard to render the figures into this painting of Dubois Beach in Jupiter, Florida! We were working on location during the 14th Annual Plein Air Festival and enjoying every minuet of the warm temps and sandy beaches. Must have done okay with it because the young elementary teacher in the foreground finally got up and came over to see what I was painting and bought the piece right off the easel! She said I made her look 20 pounds lighter....=]

It's nice when you have subjects that will stay in position for awhile. I love that about southern beaches. Here in the Northwest people move around a lot just to stay warm! I found that the Quin Sienna paint I brought along was perfect for suntanned flesh tones.



No comments: