Wednesday, January 14, 2009

"Getting Home" winter landscape, oil painting

This is a view out my window right by my computer where I work and paint on snow-bound days......I was sitting on the couch one evening as the second wave of the big storm was coming in....It had caught many travelers off guard and as the light dimmed I could see the lights of the cars plowing through the falling snow just trying to get home............I was grateful to be in my cozy house with the wood fire burning and the tea pot steaming....

This painting is 30x15 oil on stretched canvas $585.00 $20.00 shipping contact robinweiss@earthlink.net

15 comments:

Gerald Schwartz said...

My Gosh, this is exquisite..
What a knockout painting...

Robin Weiss said...

Thanks Gerald! I have greatly enjoyed the snow this year.....for painting that is....

Diane Hoeptner said...

WOW! Fantastic, Robin!!

Anonymous said...

Wow, that bit of light amidst all the dark blue makes a stunning picture. The falling snow is just the right value too. You're so good, Robin!

m collier said...

Beautiful !!!

Vikki North said...

This is absolutely stunning. Really wonderful compostiion, Robin.

I see you're a fan of spatter also. Great application.
Vikki

Robin Weiss said...

Thank you Silvi! As someone has recently told me, I do try and make small bits of color work very hard.

Robin Weiss said...

Hi Diane! Thank you!

For those of you who have not seen Dianes work , check out her amazing painting style and delightful subject matter! Welcome to Daily Painters Diane!

Robin Weiss said...

Hi Vikki!....I have noticed your very effective use of splatter!....The snow gives me a good reason to have fun with it!

What is you favorite splatter scatterer (is that a word?)??

Mike said...

(Long audible Sigh)

Whew!

Dude!! You blow me away!! This is sooooo well done.

Stefan Nuetzel said...

Although it is so common to say, but this is soo beautiful. And so well painted.

Robin Weiss said...

Mike, I appreciate it man! Thank you!!

Robin Weiss said...

Thanks for stopping by Stefan! And thanks for your kind comment!

Unknown said...

This is an amazing painting.The first time I saw this,Iwas completely lost in it.It gives a sense of a deep mystery.Its just awesome.Could'nt take my eyes off it.

Robin Weiss said...

Pallavi, The painting has accomplished what I intended. Thank you for leaving this comment!