Thursday, April 23, 2009

Allair Farm, Plein air landscape

Another awesome day of P.A. painting at Allair Farm in Poulsbo. In the morning I met with the owner Barbara. She kinda reminds me of Katherine Hepburn....She graciously allowed me access to the grounds for painting..They have beautiful horses there and each one had a cute little baby...

8x10 oil on panel contact robinweiss@earthlink.net sold
I found a good spot by a little pond that afforded a great view of the farm with the horses in the distance.....well you can see for yourself in the picture!...=]

This was my second painting of the day and the scene that first attracted me to Allair....I saw this stump of what must have been old growth fir sticking up out of this little woodland pond. The afternoon sun was hitting it at about 4:00 pm and just lit it up ......I almost started to cry out there because I could NOT capture the scene....=/......But I have to try again!!....When I told Barbara I was going to paint this pond she said..."Why on earth would you want to paint down there!"
8x10 oil on panel contact robinweiss@earthlink.net


9 comments:

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Love it, good colour and composition the trees on either side take your eye through the lovely pastoral view :)

Pam Holnback said...

Great reflections. And, I love it when you meet someone who gives you a connection w/ your painting.

Unknown said...

Yes please try and get that image that was so fleeting and captivating. Re: to Barbara's comment, aren't the best artist the ones who are able to see beauty in the most unusual places? Great job.

Robin Weiss said...

Thank you Elizabeth! It was a lovely spot indeed.

Robin Weiss said...

Hi Pam! Yes I agree! Barbara was very gracious.

Robin Weiss said...

I'm working on the same scene now Sheila!...Givng it another shot! We will see...Thank you!

Mike said...

Hey!! Who's the bozo standing in front of the pond!! :-)

Niiiice work, Dude! I look at your stuff and wish I could do what you do! My watercolors have me by the back of the neck . . .and oils are always whispering to me in the dark! Did a little one last week. Fun, but a disappointment. I am looking for that beautiful buttery look that you get

Robin Weiss said...

That bozo would be yours truly!..=]...with horse poo on my shoes!

Thanks Mike! I wish I could do what you can do with watercolor!!!

Hope to be able to stop in and see you sometime this summer ....with Ann...=]...hoping we can take a drive down the coast...

Diane Hoeptner said...

Outstanding, Robin!