Tuesday, January 20, 2009

"Alders in Snow 3" landscape, oil painting

I didn't intend to go so long between posts but I was having trouble photographing my paintings. I still haven't gotten around to making a good light box for taking pictures.....maybe I should make that my New Years resolution!.....

This is the last painting in the Alder series......I think I have them out of my system for awhile........There are two more snow pictures to post and then I will break out into the sun!!...The snow is all gone now.....its still cold at night but when the sun comes out during the day it warms up and then it is spectacular ....Also the foggy mornings have been creating some very interesting atmosphere........think I'll try a few foggy morning paintings....

9x12 , oil on panel sold

4 comments:

Ann said...

Another winner!! - I love the texture of these trees and the variegated colors of the bark. Personally I've enjoyed your snow scenes because I am forgetting what cold weather feels like...?! But I'm glad for your sake that the sun is out to warm your spirits and provide a fresh perspective.

Anonymous said...

i am head over hills with your snowy landscapes

Robin Weiss said...

Hi Annie! The sun is out and I am enjoying it! But I wouldn't mind trading you some 40 degree for some 90 degree!!

Thank you Hon!!

Robin Weiss said...

Olha....I have been enjoying your blog with your wonderful snowy scenes! Thank you!!