Friday, March 11, 2011

"Occidental Park" Seattle city scenes, cityscape oil painting

I bring you one more cityscape of my hometown Seattle before I start posting a new series of flower paintings. Another rainy day scene, this time heading west on South Main St. by the little tram depot. Since most of this painting is foreground with a high horizon, the challenge was to get enough interest into the textures,colors and reflected light to draw the viewer into the scene.
16x20 oil on canvas  sold

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Wonderful scene and I like the way you handled the wet street!

postcardsfromthemainline said...

You did it! Good feeling for the rain.

Robin Weiss said...

Thank you J Joy! Wet streets are a fun challenge for me.......they should be!...I live in The Pacific Northwest!..

Robin Weiss said...

Hi Nancy! Thank you!