Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Plein Air Painting, at the Point no Point Lighthouse

8x10 oil on panel sold

The morning started out foggy but was changing fast, so I had to set up and really get to slinging paint to try and capture the atmosphere.  My palette here is Titanium White, Hansa Yellow, Cad Red, Alizarine Perm., Trans. Orange Oxide, Veridian, Cobalt blue, Ultramarine Blue.






I found a good spot to set up on a bird watching platform! Nice flat stable footing with a great view from three directions!
Juan Valdez  all coffee'd up and pushing paint...=]


8x10 oil on panel
All of these paintings were done before the Jim Lamb color workshop on Saturday....Jim told us if there is a problem with a painting (and the design is good) it is one of four things;

Hue- (color)
Value- (dark to light)
Temperature- (warm/cool)
Intensity- ( amount of pigment)

This painting has problems in all four of those areas.....but I think the design is pretty good?






My last effort of the day. You can tell I'm sun burned and rummy.....time to pack it in...

3 comments:

irinapictures said...

All three are so full and live. Great plein-airs, so inspiring!

Robin Weiss said...

Thank you Irina! Nothing really substitutes for painting from life! I wish I could do more of it!.=]

Randy Saffle said...

Robin, that is one fancy palette you have there. ;?)

I have never used Hansa Yellow. How does that compare to Cad. Yellow Lt.?