Tuesday, May 14, 2024

"Market Morning" Seattle City Life painting by Robin Weiss

"Market Morning"  16x20 oil on canvas  $1200
Available through Alki Arts
206-295-5115

 

I recently spent a night in Seattle. I got a room at the iconic Pioneer Square Hotel which is now owned by Best Western. The goal was to get some early morning and late evening reference photos and sketches for an upcoming exhibition at Alki Arts. Sort of a two day immersion in the city. I had a blast!  I downloaded the Lime Bike app and used a scooter to get around. Amazingly I did not fall over or crash into anyone. Aside from a few start up problems it was easier than I thought and kind of addicting. I recommend Lime over the others until you get used to using these apps. 

"Market Morning" is a painting from some photos I took as vendors were setting up for the day at Pike Street Market.  You can see this painting in person at Alki Arts in June as part of the City Life Exhibition. Opening with me will be painting buddy, Brooke Borcherding also Layne Cook and Arlon Rosenoff all long time artists represented by Alki Arts.  Stop by for the opening June 2nd 5-7pm

No comments: