Saturday, October 19, 2024

"The Pumpkin Truck" Skagit Valley plein air painting by Robin Weiss

"The Pumpkin Truck"  9x12, plein air, oil on panel $700

 

I recently took a break from pressing family matters and lots of work around the place to get away for some art therapy.  The Skagit Valley was beaconing. I hooked up with painting buddy Mark Bistranin for a couple days of painting in the beauty of the valley. Maury came out Sunday afternoon and I had a chance to spend time painting with him.

I always stop at Hedlins Family Farm on my way into LaConner. I have painted this farm from a few perspectives over the years. My timing was just right to catch the fall pumpkin harvest. As you can see here there were a lot of perfect set-ups for painting!

You can see this painting on display at Art in the Woods the North Kitsap Studio Tour, November 8, 9, 10 .  I will be set up at the Knowles Studio in Poulsbo along with Leigh Knowles an other talented artists and crafters.  

Hope to see you there!





No comments: