Wednesday, March 04, 2015

"Mount Rainier" Sunset view from Point White. landscape, oil painting by Robin Weiss

"Mount Rainier"   Sunset view from Point White  18x24 oil on canvas       $1200


A couple weeks back I did some plein air painting on Bainbridge Island near where I was exhibiting a show of my work at the Treehouse Cafe.  My friend Darrell Anderson came and painted with me one day and then I went back again with Jim Lamb another artist friend. It was late in the afternoon on a crystal clear day when Jim and I went to check out a favorite spot near Point White and this is the view that greeted us. The light was quickly fading and there was no time to set up to paint so we spent some time taking pictures. This painting was done from those photo references and my memory of that amazing sunset.



3 comments:

Jan said...

Gorgeous painting!

Mitch said...

I love the orange/peach against the distant blues and the dark silhouette of the firs!

Lavon said...

Robin, loving it!!!!!!!