Monday, March 30, 2015

"Cascade Mountain Farm" landscape oil painting by Robin Weiss

"Cascade Mountain Farm"   10x12 oil on panel     Sold
Wish I could say this painting was completed on location but that would be wrong. I painted this from a photo taken on a road trip to the Yakama Reservation that did not allow me time to set up and paint. However, the only reason I was able to interpret this photo accurate to place and time was all the work I have done in the field.
Bottom line,( you will hear this from most landscape artists) If you want to use photo reference for painting and those paintings to be believable, you must paint from life as much as possible!

Art Day!

BTW,  my destination on that road trip was to participate in "Art Day" at Hope Fellowship Church in White Swan, WA . I taught watercolor to an enthusiastic group of native kids. They are very creative and we all had a lot of fun!

If you would like to learn more about the Sacred Road Ministries work on the reservation check out the website  HERE.  Be sure to check out the videos on their youtube channel!






This painting is now posted on the Daily Paint Works Auction Site.  Click HERE if you would like to place a bid.

"Red Rose"  7x7 oil on panel  

Click HERE to bid



No comments: