Monday, May 25, 2015

"Pulling the Trap" St Augustine, plein air, oil painting by Robin Weiss

"Pulling the Trap"  10x12 oil on panel      Sold


Heading to the last location scouted the previous day I ran into another painter, Manon Sander. After meeting and talking with her a bit I set up my easel thinking that the "porch painting" should have been my last one because the thunder clouds were forming faster and getting darker.  I got a good start when the rain began... Slowly at first and then later in sheets! When it first started I looked around and Manon was painting (Tip!) under a clear plastic umbrella! The kind that covers your head and shoulders but you can still see through it. Great idea! ...I dumped the water out of my palette a few times before the painting was far enough along to pack up. Then we headed back to Sanford St where Ann and I sat on the porch and watched the deluge of water streaming down from the sky.


"Pulling the Trap" was the  painting I entered into the plein air competition. While it won no awards it did sell within the first couple hours which I consider an award by itself!  Sorry I don't have pics of all the award winners. It was just a really busy week!!

There are still paintings from the OPA national exhibition for sale at Cutter and Cutter Fine Art in St. Augustine. You can view them HERE. I was really impressed with the folks at Cutter and Cutter! They worked very hard to display the work to it's best advantage. They were friendly and helpful to the artists and collectors seemed to love the gallery and the fine folks who work there!

At The Del Mar Gallery  

At "Harrys"  where I discovered my new southern favorite dish,
 "Shrimp and Grits" !  Excellent!

No comments: