Thursday, April 19, 2012

"The Bus Stop at Second and Marion" Seattle cityscape oil painting by Robin Weiss

"The Bus stop at 2nd and Marion" 16x24 oil on canvas Sold
I don't recommend this for anyone else ....but....I have this bad habit of resting my camera on the steering wheel while driving down city streets. I snap pictures without really looking at what the camera is getting and then sort it all out later... This can be dangerous if you don't have a lot of practice doing it....You have to concentrate hard on what is going on around you without focusing on the camera but just hitting the shutter....This painting is a compilation of some of those images.  You can see the Smith Tower in the distance and on the left is the Metropolitan Grill. For a long time the Smith Tower was the tallest building in Seattle.

5 comments:

Lavon said...

OMG!!!! I love this. I wish I could afford it. It is so beautiful. My brother and I spent an afternoon in the top of the Smith Tower when we were kids while my mom was talking to her lawyer who had an office there. The top of the tower had old blacl laquered Chinese furniture in it at the time.

Darrell Anderson said...

Nice one, Rob.

Robin Weiss said...

Ha! Thanks Lavon! The Smith Tower is certainly an icon of Seattle! This painting will be in the Father/Son show at Alki Arts in June 2012!

Thanks Darrell!!!

Alex said...

Great idea Rob. It would be easier if you had some one else drive and you took the pics.

Anonymous said...

For a long time, the Smith Tower was the tallest building west of the Mississippi. I think you've made me homesick.