Saturday, September 22, 2012

"Mount Rainier from Grand Park" plein air,landscape, oil painting, by Robin Weiss


"Mount Rainier from Grand Park"  6x12 oil on panel  SOLD

 Lets continue this adventure......From our camp ground at Silver Springs we left in the morning to follow FSR 73 to the Elinor Lake trail head......after a detour all the way around the lake...looking for the trail to Grand Park( sheesh!)  we headed up to one of the most beautiful vistas I have seen in Washington...I'll let some of the pictures tell the story although the majesty of this place can only be felt fully by standing there yourself!
Mount Rainier in all her glory

 As we got higher the forest thinned out and we entered huge meadows filled with wild flowers and butterflies....with the mountain as the main attraction








set up to paint the mountain

I was anxious to get started and set up as soon as I found a good spot with the trail leading into the scene and some alpine firs framing the composition.










The perfect artists wife content to read or nap while I am painting




So glad I was able to take my wife Ann on this trip ...She loves to hike and is my biggest fan!! Never complaining when I pull off to get a painting.







Lake Elinore
Ann enjoying the fresh air and beauty of the mountain

1 comment:

Diana Moses Botkin said...

Beautiful work! I love it that your wife goes with you and has a good time too.