Friday, September 28, 2012

"Weeping Willow and Water" plein air, oil landscape painting by Robin Weiss

"Weeping Willow and Water" 8x10 oil on panel
 I enjoyed my first outing with the Plein Air Washington Artists last week.....What a fun and welcoming group of fellow painters!....We all went to Bainbridge Island's, Bloedell Reservation. The history of this amazing property is very interesting. It is definately a great place to paint!! 


The Bloedell "Meadow"
The first day was raining a light drizzle but it added to an interesting atmosphere that I tried to convey in the paintings.  I did three paintings the first day which will be posted soon.



Everyone was using umbrellas ....except me! I had to keep tilting the water out of my paint box...





willow set up





I did find a pretty dry spot under a huge fir tree to get this painting....I was enjoying it so much I didn't want the day to end!

2 comments:

Lavon said...

wonderful painting and story, Robin. I think I might take a shot at the pond, too; tho the barn with the couple under umbrellas is very sweet. Your inspiration had sure helped me get to doing more paintings! thanks!

Robin Weiss said...

You're welcome Lavon! ...and Thanks!!

Glad to be able to inspire you a bit...Happy painting!!