Thursday, November 24, 2011

"The Black Bird Cafe" Bainbridge Island oil painting by Robin Weiss

What better refuge on a cold, rainy day than a nice, warm and inviting coffee shop!  This one is very familiar to all of us who spend a lot of time on Bainbridge Island, here in Washington State.  The Directors Gallery, who represent my work and a lot of other fine artists, is just down the alley .
12x15 oil on canvas sold


 
We recently had our yearly studio tour called Arts in the Woods. It is a three day event and took all of us a lot of time to prepare for..The studio was all decked out with great art work from Leigh Metteer, Jim Metteer, Jessica McGreal, Wanda Garrity. and myself. I'm glad to say it was very successful for all of us, which is crazy in this economy, but for which, on this Thanksgiving day, I am very grateful!

Happy Thanksgiving!

4 comments:

Laurie G. Miller said...

Really nice atmosphere - you really captured the sense of a rainy day with a warm, welcoming place to go. Congrats on 'Arts in the Woods'...your studio is beautiful. I'm very jealous :)

nigelfletcher said...

Well done Robin, that watery, wet surface looks just right, not an easy thing to get right. Like the way the horizontals carry the eye into the coffee shop!

Robin Weiss said...

Thanks for stopping by Laurie! I wish this studio is mine! I just get to work here! Thanks for the kind words!

Robin Weiss said...

Thank you Nigel! With the rain we have here I get plenty of practice!=)