Thursday, March 28, 2013

"Keystone State Park " Whidby Island, plein air painting by Robin Weiss

"Keystone State Park" 6x8 oil on panel       Sold
After I finished the Snowfield painting, It was still cold but the sky was beginning to clear. I found this spot looking towards Fort Casey across the little inlet where the Keystone Ferry comes in. I believe that is plumes of smoke coming from the paper mill in Port Townsend across the bay. After I was done with this painting it had warmed up enough for me to get the van unstuck and we all headed for the Lighthouse at Fort Casey.


Here is the same view on a clear sunny day. I took this photo from a parks website..You can clearly see the lighthouse but I never saw it on Friday!










1 comment:

Lavon said...

This is so lovely! I love the water, the snow, the clouds, the smoke plume, the hint of buildings and trees, the cliff. I still think your feet are frozen...