Tuesday, May 27, 2014

"Asilomar Beach" California, coastal plein air painting by Robin Weiss

"Asilomar Beach"  plein air 7x14 oil on panel   Sold
I did two paintings at Asilomar Beach. This was the second one. I left it pure plein air, no touch up in the studio. Quite often I will do some touch up depending on how much time I had to finish. There was more studio work on the first painting of the day (last post) even though I spent a lot more time on it.  This one went fast and furious as I tried to convey the movement of the waves and the blusteriness of the day. After composing the painting I put more effort in conveying a feeling than accurately depicting detail. I would like to paint this way more!

1 comment:

Lavon said...

Robin, so excellent. that is my fav way to paint. you did a great job of capturing all the blusty feel with the waves crashing.