Thursday, May 29, 2014

"Carmel by the Sea" California, coastal, plein air painting by Robin Weiss

"Carmel by the Sea"  6x10 oil on panel    Sold
 
Ann reading at the Portola

 Mean while back at the convention there was more great demonstrations and good times talking with fellow artists. Ann, being the great painting companion that she is, relaxed in the beautiful foyer of the Portola Hotel waiting for me to get going.



Daniel Gerharzt demo
in progress
Daniel Gerhartz gave a great portrait demo and also did some plein air painting on location with the other artists. It was a real treat to watch him work! 
 I was excited about our next location because I have never been to Carmel.
  We found a spot off the road without doing too much exploring anxious to get a painting going. Of course everyone else was at the beautiful Carmel River Park which I knew nothing about...
 Well into the process  someone stopped and asked, if I knew the car I was painting was a Tesla! ...Cool!



3 comments:

Lavon said...

Robin,
LOVE a Tesla. Wish I could afford one. Next to the beach, my fav thing about So Cal are the fab cars to be seen everywhere!
I like this painting a great deal. The spakle on the car window is a nice touch. The glow on the tree branches wonderful. The bit of wave action with two folks waking on the beach put me right there.

Unknown said...

This is fabulous!! Scenic Drive - I miss Carmel so much!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.