Monday, September 29, 2014

"Olympic View" Plein air landscape painting by Robin Weiss and Arts in the Woods studio tour

"Oympic View"   9x12  $450




 The first official day of painting at Paint the Peninsula was a bit frustrating because I had to find a place that would look at my van and get it fixed before doing any painting. The good news ..it turned out to be a spark plug wire that came loose and was fixed in about ten minuets, no charge!!

I skedaddled to the Safeway to pick up some lunch for later and spied a nice view from across the road. Excited to get the ball rolling I pulled off right there and did my first painting. Although it was not my best and did not make it into the juried competition, it served the purpose I intended of getting the juices flowing!







 Don't forget to mark November 7th, 8th, and 9th on your calendar for our yearly artists studio tour! I will be at the The Knowles Studio on Noll Rd. in Poulsbo once again with an exciting mix of other artists, food and fun!  Don't miss it! This is a great opportunity to pick up local, handmade holiday gifts and stocking stuffers.  The ever popular, 2015 desk calendars and the "Bargain Box" will be available for your browsing pleasure..  =]   See ya there!




1 comment:

Lavon said...

wow, wish I could be there!!! I would be so into your bargain box!!!! sweet piece, I like the touches of vivid green. looks like home.... sigh....I used to hike across the peninsula with my 1st hubby. we would do cross-country with an altimeter, compass and relief map.