Wednesday, October 01, 2014

"View from John Wayne Marina" Paint the Peninsula, plein air painting by Robin Weiss



"View from John Wayne Marina"  6x10 oil on panel  $330

 I was able to paint two more little ones on Monday the starting day of Paint the Peninsula. It was getting late in the day when I arrived at John Wayne Marina. The sun was setting over the straits of Juan De Fuca and the clouds stretching across the horizon caught my eye. This is the painting after I touched it up. The colors did not strike true to in the original version so I toned it down a bit using my camera monitor.


This is how it looked right off the easel.









I also did another one at Marlyn Nelson Park at the end of Point Williamson Rd. in Sequim. I got there just a bit late and the bluffs were in shadow but I gave it a go anyway.


Collection Jim and Bonnie Mortland


On location in Sequim, WA.



1 comment:

Lavon said...

very nice!! Interesting the tonal changes plus the detail changes. I actually like both versions. The skies here in NM are such a vivid blue that it looks natural even in paint to me these days.

Love the Sequim piece. sigh...childhood memories of playing with my brother.