Tuesday, April 24, 2018

"The Jetty" plein air marinescape painting by Robin Weiss

"The Jetty" 6x10 oil on panel    Sold

After laboring over a larger painting of the Florida coast at Duboise Park during the 5th Annual Plein Air Festival (see last post) and being somewhat frustrated that I couldn't translate the feel of the ocean,sky misty mix of atmosphere...I turned my easel in another direction and painted a smaller,quicker more immediate study...On this one I was working more on close observation of value and movement and then laying down brush strokes reflecting those visuals and letting them stand.  I was more satisfied with this result and so was the collector who bought it...but it doesn't always work out that way when you paint in this manner. The risks are higher but so are the rewards!

Have fun out there!!!  =]



"Coastal Clouds"  10x12 oil on panel    $600




No comments: