Monday, September 17, 2018

"Elwah River Bridge" Paint the Peninsula 2018, plein air landscape by Robin Weiss

"Elwah River Bridge"  6x8 oil       SOLD

It has been a month since I wrote a blog post and a lot has happened! I'm way behind again!  During that time I participated in Paint the Peninsula, The Winslow Plein Air Festival and taught a workshop in Sekiu Washington. 



Paint the Peninsula 2018 was my sixth year participating in this great event. As always, the best thing about these competitions is reconnecting with old painting buddies and meeting new ones. The  shared camaraderie in plein air painting makes it so much more fulfilling than just painting pictures.





I started off on Saturday looking for a spot to warm up that I haven't painted before.  Heading towards Salt Creek I noticed Elwah River Road and turned off to see where it ended up. Not too far down the road it went across a newly constructed bridge with a pedestrian deck below the main road and amazing views of the river and mountains behind. Perfect!  I did my first two paintings. One from the bridge deck and one from the river looking towards the bridge.


"From the Elwah River Bridge" 8x10 oil  $400







No comments: