Wednesday, September 19, 2018

"Angels Rest" Paint the Peninsula, plein air landscape painting by Robin Weiss

"Angels Rest"  9x12 oil on panel     Sold


Angel Crest Gardens was another new discovery for me this year at Paint the Peninsula. I saw a splash of color as I passed by on highway 112 headed north and had to turn around to check it out. Turns out this quaint farm had been closed for a season while the owners cared for a ailing parent
who passed in the spring.



 The gate was open so I walked in immediately seeing that this was a place I wanted to paint!  The owner, Linda, graciously allowed me the run of the place and even picked a beautiful bouquet of flowers for my host family.  Her dogs Lily and Cara kept me company while I painted.

I picked a spot that had a driveway bordered by glorious dahlias and fall flowers to paint. The home in the background was where Lindas mom lived.

I named the painting Angeles Rest. It seemed that peaceful and joyful a spot to me.




No comments: