Thursday, September 20, 2018

"Salt Creek Explorer" Paint the Peninsula 2018, plein air landscape by Robin Weiss

"Salt Creek Explorer"  6x8 oil on panel  Sold

After finishing up at the Elwah river bridge I kept going to another favorite spot on the Olympic Peninsula, Salt Creek!  I have painted here many times before as have many artists.


Sure enough I ran into another artist! My friend, Yong Hong Zhong.  

He was also participating in Paint the Peninsula 2018. It is always more fun to paint with other artists so we set up together and spent the afternoon capturing the beauty of the Pacific Northwest.

Most artists on their first visit to Salt Creek want to paint the iconic off shore island. I have painted it so many times that I was looking for other subjects that inspired me. This young boy exploring the beach did it!


All of the artists and their paintings completed during Paint the Peninsula 2018 can be viewed and purchased until November 2018 on the Port Angeles Fine Art Center website. Click HERE to view


Watercolor by Yong Hong Zhong PTP 2018






No comments: