Wednesday, January 02, 2019

"Mount Moran from Oxbow Bend" Grand Teton plein air painting by Robin Weiss

"Mount Moran from Oxbow Bend" 8x16 oil  Sold

Grand Teton National Park has become one of my favorite places to paint! I had a chance to spend a few days there last year on my way to the Central City plein air festival in Colorado.  I only had time to paint a couple plein air studies this time but I did a lot of sketching and took a lot of reference photos which I have been working on and will post in the coming days.
 While painting this I was surrounded by tourists....which can be unnerving ,,,but if you plan on doing competition painting it is important to get used to people watching you paint. The best way is to get out and paint in a crowded area when there is no pressure to make a great painting. You will be surprised how much encouragement you will receive from passerby
  I'm realizing again how far behind I am on the blog as it is 2019 already!!  ....and I have lots of adventures in 2018 to post about....yikes!

                    I hope you all have great painting adventures in 2019!       

No comments: