Thursday, October 15, 2020

"Morning Mist" plein air, landscape painting by Robin Weiss

"Morning Mist"  9x12 oil on linen  SOLD

 

I always enjoy getting together with my son Maury for a painting trip. Neither of us had been up to Artists Point this year and it was a good time to go. The smoke was thick in the air down in the valley and we hoped for some relief up in the mountains.  

We planned to meet at my son and daughter in-law's house in Arlington. They just bought this amazing property with a private lake. I awoke early on Saturday and went down to the dock to get warmed up on the first painting of the day. It was so beautiful and quiet with the mist rising from the lake. A great way to wake up!

We called it right about the air being better up high. We spent a great day painting in Mount Baker National Park. I'll be posting those paintings in coming days. Stay tuned!  =]


Maury painting Mount Shuksan from Picture Lake
 in Mount Baker National Park.


No comments: