Tuesday, July 20, 2021

"Washington Gulch Wildflowers"

"Washngton Gulch Wildflowers" 10x20 oil on panel    SOLD

 

Ann and I did take our trip to Colorado and spent a very enjoyable week in Crested Butte!  We found a great vintage chalet in Mt. Crested Butte, the little ski village a few miles up the mountain from CB proper.

The Nordic Inn



I got to work right away inspired by the beauty of the mountain scenery and amazing wildflowers bloomimg everywhere!  We escaped the "heat dome" bringing 105+ temps to Washington State just in time! At ten thousand feet the temps in CB were perfect!

Glad to be in CB!






Artist friend Susie Hyer came up from her home in Evergreen to paint with me for a few days. We are both represented at the Oh Be Joyful Gallery in CB. Check out the website HERE to see all the paintings we left for the gallery to exhibit.

So much more fun to paint with friends!  We went to Washington Gulch where the wildflowers are amazing! The above painting was my interpretation of the scene.


Susie and the Lupines


I did nine paintings in and around Crested Butte while we were there. I will try and post them all!...I'm finding it impossiple to keep up on the blog but will keep trying!  


There is too much beauty to be out painting rather than sitting at my computer!!  






Hope you are finding beauty in your world too!


The Oh Be Joyful Gallery
Crested Butte CO









No comments: