Thursday, June 24, 2021

"Are You my Mother" Figure painting by Robin Weiss

"Are You my Mother"  9x16 oil on panel   NFS

 

One of the favorite childrens books of our kids and now our grandkids is "Are You my Mother"  written by P D Eastman back in 1960.  Based on a 2007 online poll, the National Education Association  listed the book as one of its "Teachers' Top 100 Books for Children."   It was one of the "Top 100 Picture Books" of all time in a 2012


I have been documenting our grandkids off and on since they were born as I get  photos that I think will make a good painting.  Recently they moved to a new house with a lake and more property to collect a variety of pets and farm animals. This is Brooklyn with "Bill" and "Webster".  The photo with the ducks looking back at Brooklyn made me think of the childrens book.  


At right is Brooklyn at 3 or 4 yrs playing with the piano at our house during one of the many sleepovers at grandmas.

No comments: