Saturday, June 12, 2021

"Valley Vista" Colorado landscape painting by Robin Weiss

"Valley Vista" 16x20 oil on canvas
Available through the Oh Be Joyful Gallery , Crested Butte CO
970-349-5936

 

Lots going on these days!  Been awhile...again...since my last post!  Our plans to travel to Crested Butte are all set and I am looking forward to painting in Colorado again! I will be meeting up with a few artist friends and spending some time pushing paint in the CB area for the Oh Be Joyful Gallery. Can't wait!  Check out the website HERE for more info on the summer shows in 2021

Just a few of the things that have been taking up a lot of time besides trying to get out and paint as much as possible:

I am also writing a blog for the Plein Air Washington Artists and they are meeting a LOT, at different


paintouts around Washington state!  This is a very vibrant, welcoming group of passionate plein air painters and we love creating together. If you are a painter in WA consider becoming a member of this group. You can't help becoming a better artist painting with a group like PAWA. Check out the blog HERE

The Feedburner widget that folks use on my blog to subscribe and get new In Plein Air blog posts into  your email is going away and I am replacing it with a new Feedblitz widget. That has taken a lot of my very limited tech skills to get done. Hopefully there will not be any delays or problems, but if you experience any issues with getting new posts please let me know.  Thanks!..  and Thanks so much for being faithful subscribers. I don't spend much time checking all the stats on who and how many follow In Plein Air ...but I know you are out there and I appreciate you all!!

Several shows in which I am participating are coming up! As I already mentioned the Oh Be Joyful Gallery will be having their Summer Showcase and I will have some work there.

The Roby King Gallery in Winslow on Bainbridge Island will be having a group exhibition titled "The Gift of Water". I will be showing new, water themed paintings along with artist friends, Jane Wallace, Luke Tornatsky, David Eisenhour, and Brooke Borcherding.  August 6-29th 2021. 

The Scott Milo Gallery in Anacortes , WA will be having a group exhibition, November 5-30th with Lorna Libert, Carol Barrer, Christine Troyer, and Roger Small ...along with myself, Robin Weiss. =]

The Scott Milo Gallery will also be hosting this years Littles Gems Show, an annual PAWA small works show featuring many of the best painters in Plein Air Washington Artists group. This year the judge of awards will be Kathleen Dunphy.

I have been chosen as the Poster Artist for the Edmonds Art Festival and will be showing work at the Francis Anderson Gallery in conjunction with the Edmonds Art Festival 2021. This show has been delayed since the onset of covid so it will be good to get back to normal in the PNW with art shows and festival this summer!


I will also be showing some new pieces at the Cole Gallery during the month of August......Whew! That seems like a LOT ....and that's not all the stuff going on!   But enough to post for now! 





Be well and stay creative!

No comments: