Monday, February 07, 2022

"Baby Cow" original oil painting by Robin Weiss

"Baby Cow"  20x20 oil on linen board  SOLD

 

Time flies! Been over a month already since my last blog post. I have been mostly busy painting! Spending a lot less time on social media and more time outside.  That all makes me happy, but I do want to get my paintings out there for folks to see so I have entered some competitions and applied for some painting events. The painting above was done over the winter from reference I gathered in crested Butte CO. I have entered this work into the Oil Painters of America  National Show and hopefully will be able to attend the convention in Steamboat Springs this summer.  

Over the winter I have been purging old paintings by throwing them out , cutting them up or in this case painting over old work. The fact that I don't have a lot of storage helps with the vital task of working over or destroying inferior canvases that tend to pile up in every nook and cranny.....Hey, it's liberating!  and what we need right now is more liberty!!  

If you want to get out and paint with me, check out my website, which has just been updated with some of my workshops and events scheduled for 2022!  Link to it HERE 

Hope to see you out there this summer!  =]


Plein Air Workshop in Ormand Beach Florida 2021



No comments: