Sunday, February 27, 2022

"Sunflowers for Freedom" Praying for peace in Ukraine

"Sunflowers for Freedom"  8x10 oil on panel

 

I didn't know when I painted this still life at the Plein Air Washington Artists Paint In that Sunflowers are the national flower of Ukraine. Or that Ukraine is one of the worlds largest supplier of sunflower seeds and oil... until I started seeing artists post sunflower paintings online.

There are many atrocities and injustices happening in many places around the world and I'm not even sure if the invasion of Ukraine is the worst one. But at this moment in time the courage of the Ukrainian people standing up and fighting for their freedom and their families seems symbolic of the fight for freedom, stability and peace of oppressed peoples around the globe and I support that.

I have missionary friends in Romania who are preparing to take in the Ukrainian refugees even though they have little themselves.  They believe that true peace and real hope can only come from the Gospel of Jesus Christ which they will also share and I agree and support them as well.  

I hope you are finding true peace in your life.

No comments: