Sunday, March 19, 2023

"Rose Bush Butterfly" Original flower painting by Robin Weiss

"Rose Bush Butterfly"  18x24 oi on board  $1800

 

This is an older studio painting done a few years back, made it's rounds through the galleries and came back to me. It sat around the studio for awhile and then I had an offer to join a group exhibition at the J Go Gallery in Winslow on Bainbridge Island. This show was to be about spring flowers that start to flourish when the temps warm and the buds come forth. It's March now and already I can see new growth on the rose bushes in our yard. I pulled it out, took another look and decided to work it over again for the new show. Think I improved it some. 

If you are in the area the Spring Flower Group Exhibition will have an opening in May during the First Friday Artwalk in Winslow. Stop by and see this painting along with other more recent flower paintings from me and other local gallery artists at the J Go Gallery. 


No comments: