Sunday, July 01, 2007

Breidablik Chapel, plein air paintings

Breidablik Chapel is an old abandoned church on highway 3 here on the Kitsap penninsula. We learned some interesting history on the place when the 90 tear old caretaker drove up and parked right in front of our subject. She was very nice and was interested in what we were doing. When she left happy that we patiently listened to the story of the chapel I took that as permission to keep painting.
I did this painting quickly in brilliant sunshine not to sure of the values and color. I am contemplating scraping it just to see if it is a viable method of adding mood and interest. Let ya know how that comes out. sold

Diana my painting friend/student came along and did a nice watercolor and started another.

Heres our set up for the day. There is allot here to paint and I plan on coming back.
Heres the watercolor I did in the morning. The light reflections on the chapel were stunning and rapidly moving. I'm not to happy with my effort. Unfortunately you can't scrape a watercolor. But.... I have pictures.

2 comments:

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

I like it alot.

Robin Weiss said...

Thank you Mary!