Sunday, June 09, 2013

"Indian Slough" LaConner, plein air, oil , landscape painting by Robin Weiss

"Indian Slough"  6x8 oil on panel. Sold

Since my last post a lot of plein air painting has been happening!! First of all the Plein Air Washington Painters had a group show at the Seaside Gallery in LaConner Washington.

PAWA group show at the Seaside Gallery

The show was hosted by the good folks at the Seaside Gallery.
Mark Bistranin, Mark Conley and Dave Nichols. Each fine artists and great guys!

We all brought a few studio paintings and some plein air work for the show on Saturday night. My painting "Tulip Time" sold among others that night!



The plan for this PAWA event was to have the group show on Saturday, then paint all the next week and have a wet painting show the following Saturday.
 A quick demo for Christine at Bayview State Park


We visited two state parks as a group and then I did some more painting in and around Laconner on my own... I have a lot of paintings and photos to post from this trip so stay tuned!...All in all it was a great week.






By the way,  Ann and I stayed at The Wild Iris  bed and breakfast , which I highly recommend if you want a romantic get-away  in a great little town!...=]


1 comment:

Lavon said...

Loving Indian Slough! all the color is wonderful. It always thrills me to see an artist bring out the sutle colors in a landscape. There are so many present, but the eye tends to dismiss them. In a painting one can enhance those colors. Just wonderful, Robin.

Sounds like an amazing week!