Thursday, June 25, 2020

Green Umbrellas urban plein air painting by Robin Weiss

"Green Umbrellas" 9x12 oil on panel   SOLD

Recently in anticipation of an upcoming group show at the Roby King Gallery I drove to Winslow on a sunny day to paint outside.  I set up right in the middle of town to try and capture the light hitting the green umbrellas outside the Black Bird Bakery.  I was hoping to get a good painting but more importantly to promote the exhibition. All in all it was a good day! Painting was not my worst and got to talk with a lot of folks on the street. 

I hope you can come to the show!   If you would like to find out more information or to see the work online check out my website HERE or the Roby King Gallery  HERE

I saw a good article about disciplines to consider if you are designing a plein air painting on location or in the studio . check it out HERE

Thanks for stopping by!  Stay safe and stay creative!  =]


No comments: