Wednesday, June 24, 2020

"Apple Tree Cove" by Robin Weiss, "Impressions of Kitsap County" Roby King Gallery

"Apple Tree Cove" 14x7 oil on panel
Available at the Roby King Gallery
206-842-2063 Sold

There are places close to home that have become go-to locations when I have a little extra time to get a painting in. The Kingston Slough is one of them. There is a little park on the bay across from where the Kingston Ferry comes in from Edmonds.  There is a parking lot for maybe six or seven cars. It's perfect for a quick plein air.  When I walked under the bridge that crosses the road I immediately noticed this sun drenched scene that I didn't notice before!  Take some time to explore your area and mark locations where you can easily pull off for a quick study.

This will be one of the paintings in "Impressions of Kitsap County"  A new group exhibition opening at the Roby King Gallery in Winslow, on Bainbridge Island on July 3rd during First Friday Artwalk.  This will be the first opening I know about where you can actually go and see the work and meet the artists since covid struck our area of the country.  All the mandated virus protections will be required  so I hope you can come out and get a little "art therapy"  and see the recent work done during the quarentine by Pamela Wachtler, Jane Wallis and Robin Weiss..   =]

For more information and to see my paintings that are in this show visit my website here:
https://robinweissfineart.com/


No comments: